Thursday, March 08, 2007

Important To Me: Reading

Reading is important to me. I started reading early, I read a lot. I read most of the books in my primary school, including all the cool Greek Mythology stuff. I read the bible before I was 10, because of the awesome stories. I developed favourites, books that I would re-read, characters that I could return to like old friends.

I also liked to climb trees. I can remember at least two times where I combined these two passions and read up a tree.

My paternal nan got me interested in science fiction. We would go over to see her and grandad on Sundays. My brother and I would wander around near their house, then come back and help make dinner, and then watch Space 1999 and Thunderbirds and such things on TV. She let me read all their Issac Asimov and Harry Harrison books.

One of the most thoughtful and moving books I have ever read is Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance.

My favourite set of books is the Saga of the Exiles.

I have a lot of books. I want more. I like to read. Reading is important to me.

No comments: