Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Littlest Mermaid

On Saturday I was at the Halloween-O-Rama, which is held in the Legislature Grounds. Two of us were providing first aid services for everyone there, and we wandered around inside the Interpretive Centre because the snows had come and it was cold outside. We had an ambulance parked outside, free hot chocolate, and lots to see.

Whilst we were wandering around, we saw a lovely girl of about 4, dressed as a mermaid and using a walker to help her get about. She was with her family, they were all having fun, and she was smiling as she moved along with them. Something about her really touched my heart as I watched her enjoy the event.

My partner turned to me and said that she was impressed by the little girl, and thought she was strong for using her walker so well, so young. I said that of course she needed a walker, because mermaids feet hurt when they walk on land.

It was at that point I had to move on and do something else, because some dust had got into my eyes or something.

No comments: